What is life coaching?
By assisting the client in committing to action as well as being totally present and listening to their experiences, coaching allows the individual the personal space and support they need to grow and develop. The coach’s key role is often in assisting the client to maintain the motivation and commitment needed to achieve their goals.
Why life coaching?
As coaching is helping a person to step back, see the big picture, grow and develop their own skills, coaching can help you better understand your issues, become more aware of your perceptions, beliefs, habits, attitudes, behaviours, competencies, values and your identity. During a coaching conversation, you can expect the coach to:
- Pull information from you using good questioning strategies.
- Listen to your story without engaging in the details with you.
- Provide a compassionate, listening, judgment-free attitude and presence.
- Ask your permission to provide feedback, not advice.
- Ask you to confirm if what you said is accurately understood.
- Always ask you what you want, how you feel about your decisions and ask you to confirm you are making your decisions for yourself and not for someone else.
Based on the above points, our experiences and observations, coaching usually can:
- Enable you to become aware of your own map of the world, better understand how to adapt to others around you, and adapt to or change your environment.
- Provide you with a private space to talk about your challenges and deepest thoughts.
- Present you with feedback, which helps you to see things from different perspectives.
- Enable you to keep ownership of your vision and desires.
- Enable you to change your perceptions, towards empowering beliefs and increased self-confidence.
- Facilitate your self-expression and the formulation of your goals, wants and vision.
- Provide an ongoing, short-term or long-term, presence to follow and support your growth.
- Engage in an ethical conversation, driven by you, without advice or influence.
What are other clients who have received coaching saying?
For more information about coaching testimonials from past clients, click here.
What's the next step if I want to book myself a life coaching session?
If you have any further questions about coaching book yourself a FREE 15 minutes consultation call by clicking here.
Where do the life coaching sessions happen?
You have the choice of either having sessions online or face-to-face specified by the coach.
Whichever of the two works better for you can be discussed in the 15 minutes consultation call.